Tired of feeling as if you finances are out of control? The beginning of
a new year is the perfect time to review your finances and make decisions
about your money. Usually goals we set are hard to accomplish when they are
too big to tackle. The trick is identifying "little" ways to make an improvement
that could soon become a habit.
10 "Little" Ways to Improve Your Financial Siutation in 2017
- Choose one credit card and pay a more then the minumum. What about your other credit cards? You might consider consolidating your
debt by rolling it into your mortgage home loan.
- Review your home loan. Do you have PMI (private mortgage
insurance)? If you do, have you paid it down enough to have the insurance
removed? Check your interest rate, if you would like to lower your interest
rate, is refinancing an option?
- What is your credit score? Annually is a good time to
check it. Make note of it and begin a plan to clean it up, if necessary.
There are plenty of books on credit clean up.
- Look over all your insurance information and make
sure it is kept in an easily accessible place. Life insurance, health insurance, homeowner insurance,
etc. Not only review and make sure it meets your lifestyle, but also make
sure your life insurance, employee numbers, and human resource information
is stored in a safe place in the event of a death.
- How much do you save a month? Consider paying yourself. Did you know that
by saving $815 a month your account woutl be worth approximately $10,000
by the end of the year?
- Do you have a security plan for all your personal
documents? Invest in
a shredder this year and make sure you shred all important documents.
- Have you checked your phone bill latelty? Have a quick review, you could
be paying for special features you never use, like call waiting, call forwarding,
text messaging etc.
- Reduce entertainment expenses. Most cable companies offer movie rental
directly from the T.V. Consider ordering from online video companies.
- Consult with your pharmacist. Did you know that many
pharmacies are now offering highly discounted generic drugs. Talk to your
pharmacist about which drugs are available at a discounted rate.
- Make your payments ON TIME! Stop paying those late fees. Consider automating
as much as you can with automatic drafts or online banking.
If you are interested in tax pay-off assistance, comparing
loan rates, new
home loans, home
equity loans, refinancing,
and/or discussing your existing
please visit MortgagePIG.com